Majic’s The Voice March 2013 Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
1. How To Enter: The Voice Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, March 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). From Tuesday, March 19 to through Monday, March 25th, Majic in the Morning will invite listeners to call in and share their own style of judging a “Voice-type” competition. Majic in the Morning will randomly select will select one lucky caller each day to award the daily prize. On Tuesday, March 26th, Majic in the Morning will ask a question regarding a specific comment made by one of the new coaches from the previous night’s show. The first caller to correctly answer the question will win the grand prize!
No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Station, and NBCU and Horizon Media (collectively, “Promotional Partners”) are not responsible for any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed telephonic transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system or sweepstakes entry service or mechanism to submit entries/place calls is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
2. Eligibility: Entrants must be permanent, legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico and
other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions and all areas where this Sweepstakes is prohibited by federal, state, provincial, municipal or local law), must be physically present in the U.S. as of the date of entry through and including the date of awarding of the Sweepstakes prizes, and must be 18 years or older on the date of entry and be located within the terrestrial broadcast signal geographic listening area of WAJI which includes the following counties in Indiana: Adams, Allen, Dekalb, Noble, Steuben, Huntington, Wells and Whitley. In Ohio: Defiance, Paulding and Van Wert counties. Employees of Sponsor, Station, Promotional Partners, and their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and joint venture companies, and any advertising and promotion agencies or any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, as well as members of such employees’ immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or other people living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not), are not eligible to participate.
Eligible participants can win a WAJI contest, excluding Majic in the Morning, Noon hour, 5pm, Facebook and Majic All Access Club contests, only once every sixty
days and a prize valued at $600 or more only once every six months. Only one
winner per household is permitted in any contest.
3. Conditions of Participation/Entrant Releases: Entries made by any mass duplication, automatic, robotic, or programmed method, or through any sweepstakes entry, notification or related service, or in any manner not in compliance with the requirements of these Official Rules are invalid and will be disqualified. Lost, incomplete, late, inaccurate, garbled, and/or damaged entries are void. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest, and claims that (s)he now has, or may in the future have, to his/her entry. Sponsor and/or its Promotional Partners have the right to use, assign or dispose of such entries however they deem to be appropriate without the approval of, or compensation to, entrants or any third party(s). Sponsor, Sponsor’s Promotional Partners, and any telephone network, cable television, ISPs or other service providers, and their respective parent, affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and attorneys are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failure of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software (including, without limitation, any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware or software resulting from the participation in the Sweepstakes or access to or downloading of materials from the Station Website), for the inability to access any online service or the Station Website, or any other error or malfunction.
Unless prohibited by law, entry into this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its Promotional Partners to use, without additional compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, for promotional, publicity, and public relations purposes associated with the Sweepstakes including without limitation, online (including, without limitation, posting on a website(s)) any winner’s or participant’s name, photo, likeness, biographical information, statement, voice and/or address (city and state). By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Station, the Promotional Partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy) arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, misuse, nonuse or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waives all rights to claim direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’ fees or any damages of any kind; (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its representatives, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, and (iv) agrees to waive any right
to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Sweepstakes itself.
4. Winner Notification: Winner(s) will be notified at the time of the contest that they won. Winner(s) may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (“Affidavit and Release”) and a Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) within time frame specified by Sponsor or its designated Promotional Partner(s). If the Affidavit and Release and the Publicity Release are not returned within such time period, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible non-winning entries received. If any prize notification, communication or correspondence of any kind or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Prizes: Five (5) SECONDARY/DAILY PRIZES: Daily Prize will consist of one (1) $100 pre-paid MasterCard. Approximate retail value of Daily Prize (“ARV”): $100. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand prize consists of one (1) 32GB Windows Surface Tablet with Branded Windows Touch Cover. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize (“ARV”): $600. Prizes must be picked up at WAJI< 347 W. berry, Fort Wayne, IN within 30 days of winning. Any prize left after 30 days becomes the property of WAJI.
6. Prize Details/Restrictions: Prize winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize or Daily Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state and local taxes. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If Prize winner cannot accept prize (or any portion thereof) as stated, prize will be forfeited and at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. In the event that any prize component is not available for any reason, then remaining elements of prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize permitted (except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion), who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any component thereof) with another of comparable or greater value.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent.
7. These rules are subject to the interpretation of WAJI. Any aspect of
these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater
value, can be changed at the discretion of WAJI, and such change(s)
will become effective upon on-air or other appropriate announcement.
8. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
9. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification,
at the sole discretion of WAJI].
10, WAJI is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the
printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of
12. Reservation of Rights; Limitation of Liability: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes in the event that this Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted or completed as planned for any reason including, without limitation, as a result of computer virus(es), bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pick winner(s) in a random drawing (or using any other method, in Sponsor’s discretion) from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated, notification will be posted on the Station Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an e-mail entrant (as applicable), the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted/used at time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide proof to Sponsor and/or its agents that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of any e-mail address associated with a potential winning entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be
provision shall be deemed to be severed from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. The failure of the Sponsor, Station, or Promotional Partner to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
13. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof, cannot be otherwise resolved, it shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in the County of California, and administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“the JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in California. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding, final and conclusive and shall not be appealable to any court.
14. Prize Winner List Requests: For a list of winner(s), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Voice, March Sweepstakes Winner’s List Request, c/o Horizon Media, attn: Cori Cohn, 1888 Century Park East 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA. 90067 after April 5, 2013. Requests received after May 5, 2013 will not be honored.
10. Copies of Official Sweepstakes Rules: You may obtain a copy of these Official Rules from the Station from March 18, 2013 through April 5, 2013 or from Horizon Media attn: Cori Cohn, 1888 Century Park East 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA. 90067. For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Voice, March Sweepstakes Official Rules Request, c/o Horizon Media, attn: Cori Cohn, 1888 Century Park East 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA. 90067. Requests received after May 5, 2013 will not be honored.